The taste of store-bought tomatoes does not delight gardeners: they want to try to grow their own. Reviews about the tomato Slivovka delight. The fruits will have time to fill up before the cold snap. The leftovers will ripen in a warm room.
Features of Cream
Agrobiologists are trying to satisfy the needs of gardeners. They are working on new varieties, improving performance. Result: Thermophilic tomatoes ripen outdoors in areas with short, hot summers.
Characteristics and description of the tomato variety Slivovka:
- ripens well in the open field;
- limited in growth (maximum 40 cm) grade;
- early ripening period (period from loops to sample of tomatoes 100 days);
- the plant is slightly leafy, the plates are bright green;
- friendly ripening of fruits;
- the bush does not need to be tied up, shaped, pinned;
- yield 8 kg / m² (subject to the rules of planting, care);
- not affected by apical rot, septoria.
The tomato is unpretentious. Sets fruits in cool and hot weather. Those who planted Slivovka appreciated the resistance of the seedlings to stretching.
What ripens in the beds
Gardeners want to eat a tomato from the garden early. Tomato Slivovka gives delicious berries in mid-July. Description and appearance of fruits:
- smooth to the touch;
- in shape they resemble a plum with a thin "nose";
- flatness at the stalk;
- grows up to 120 g;
- pulp is fleshy, slightly juicy;
- the skin is dense, tough in dry summers;
- sour taste;
- ripe fruits are rich red;
- the peduncle is easily separated (in ripe fruits);
- berries are resistant to cracking.
Gardeners know: grown in their beds, tomato Slivovka looks beautiful in canned vegetables. High acidity ensures the safety of homemade products.
What Slivovka is appreciated for
Stores present seeds of varieties and hybrids for every taste. Among gardeners growing tomatoes, Slivovka found admirers. She is appreciated for:
- lack of whims;
- disease resistance;
- stable formation of ovaries in any weather;
- friendly return of fruits;
- excellent transportability.
Gardeners are sure that whoever grows a Slivovka tomato will provide themselves with delicious canned vegetables for the whole winter. Removed brown, the fruits will remain in the pantry until October.
How to make a dream come true
The variety is unpretentious. It is not difficult to reach the indicated yield. It is worth adhering to the recommendations of agrobiologists:
- sow seedlings no later than March 20;
- pay attention to soil fertility;
- observe the turnover of crops;
- dive seedlings when 2 true leaves grow;
- illuminate, ventilate, temper, feed;
- prepare the landing site in advance (in the fall);
- take out to permanent beds at the end of spring frosts;
- to strengthen the tomatoes when planting;
- the plant overloads itself with fruits: the soil should be mulched;
- observe the rule: it is better to dry than pour;
- feed with mineral complexes.
Planting oats, rye, wheat will help to improve the land. You should wait for shoots, dig it into the soil with embedding.
Assessment of the variety by gardeners
The summer resident complains: she planted Slivovka in a greenhouse. She fed, watered, ventilated. The bushes are stretched, fattened, there are few tomatoes. No wonder: the variety is designed for reactive short-summer fruiting. Other conditions are not suitable.
A gardener from the Moscow region: “We are planting Slivovka in May under the film. We throw straw into the beds. After the frost, we remove the shelter. All! It remains only to eat tomatoes. We roll it up in jars whole, eat it fresh. At the end of July, we collect the remains. They ripen well at home. We eat tomatoes until early November. ”